Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kerry...Results of the 'Run the Gaulntlet' Half Marathon - Sun 15th Nov 2009

A total of 136 turned out for the 1st running of this half-marathon through the Gap of Dunloe in Kerry. From what I hear, there were some showers but the race took place in mostly dry conditions with some great scenery. Anyone breaking 2 hours is suppose to get a specially designed running top while the 50 or so outside the 2 hour mark get nothing despite the fact they paid the same expensive entry fee of €50...........hardly seems fair, does it?

Photos........there are a series of photos here from the Gneeveguilla AC website

Results.......the full results can be found HERE.
Race Report........by Fiona O'Riordan
I ran this race last Sunday and whilst it was a great course for those who like fantastic scenery and hills, it was a bit expensive. To set the scene it was a cold and windy November day when 136 runners lined up. There was water at the 3.5ish mile, 7ish and 9.5ish mile mark. We received a medal when we finished and unfortunately you had to buy your own cup of tea after the race in Kate Kearneys Cottage. People who finished in sub 2 hours received a t-shirt (well not yet it seems, it has to be posted), I wasn't one of them. It's a fantastic location, I would rival it with Connemara or Dingle, I did both this year and thought they were fantastic but I felt a bit ripped off after this race. I think I'll just run it as a training run another time and keep my €50.
-- Fiona O'Riordan

No comments: