Monday, September 5, 2011

Kerry...Results of the Dingle Marathon & Half Marathon - Sat 3rd Sept 2011

Winner of the 2011 Dingle Half-Marathon John Meade of St.Finbarr's AC
with race director Ken Dunne

Over 2,000 runners took part this year in the 2011 Dingle Half and Full Marathon. Approx 500 completed the challenging 26.2 mile course while 1600 opted for the shorter Half-Marathon.

From what I understand, there was some problem with the results this year resulting in some people being omitted from the final results. If you are not listed and you have your time then you should contact the organisers to have your name and time included.
The full results can be found HERE
Photos........
1) There is a gallery of 159 photos by Peter Mooney HERE
2) Another gallery of 42 photos by Dingle Peninsula HERE
Start of the Dingle Marathon...


10 min video mostly taken a few miles out...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, there seems to be a problem with the half marathon results as i know 7 people who took part that are not listed, including myself. Are these results final? I'm hoping not as I ran a PB. In saying that i had a great day at a great race, but finding out your position is always something to look forward too. First race I've done with a built in chip in the race number, which might be where the problem is!

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
Note sure what going on here , but these results are a joke!Three of my friends and I did the half marathon. We all finished between 1.43hr - 1:46hr. The "official chip time" results gave three of us 2:26:xx and my other friend was given a DNF - He crossed the line 10secs ahead of me!!
After paying a big entry fee, you would expect accurate timing.
I presume we are not the only people with inaccurate times?????

Anonymous said...

same with me. ran 1.44.12 but i am down as DNF. my garmin also regged the course as 13.09

Anonymous said...

Another dissapointed runner -PB in under 1:45 for Half and not even registered!
I feel sorry for people who run for charities and have to collect money and not even have the satisfaction of see names of finishers.
I think we should have a 50% discount IF we decide to run next year!

Anonymous said...

these guys need to get their act together.

Anonymous said...

John, results situation in Dingle is a farce. I was there and four friends who did the half are not on the results list. Another friend did it in 2.04 and shes on the list for 2.36! Good race in a great part of the country but at 55 euro a pop no reliable results is just not good enough.

Tony Mackness said...

From the comments here it would seem that the problems all related to runners doing the half. I did the full and my only comment is that gun and chip times were identical, which I know was not the case. This was subject of discussion after the results were published and it affected others runners too. Apart from that a great day !!

Lily said...

I was registered to do the half marathon but picked up an injury, so didn't run. My name and my race number was the second female home. My race number and chip never left my possession.

A visitor from Hungary in our group who came to Ireland especially for the race didn't feature in the results though he finished in a good time.

Having said all that, everybody still really enjoyed it. We will be back.