Saturday, May 20, 2017

Michael 'Curley' Cunningham ...RIP

Michael 'Curley' Cunningham RIP...


I was saddened to hear today that Mike Cunningham of Mooreabby Milers AC has passed away. Known to everyone as 'Curley', Mike was a regular on the racing scene and competed in races in Cork and all over Ireland.

I remember racing against Mike in a 50k race in Portumna a few years ago and I just couldn't match his pace as he finished first that day and I finished second. It was only after the race finished that I learned that he can taken part in a 10k race the evening before!

Mike was a quiet guy and was certainly one of the nicest people you could hope to meet on the race scene. Up to recently, he was involved in nearly everything...5k parkruns to mountain runs to marathons and ultras. I believe at one time he was part of an Irish masters team that took part in a mountain running competition in Slovenia / Italy.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Rip.ie notice

1 comment:

Unknown said...

An absolute legend and unsung hero.rest in peace